Last updated on October 2nd, 2017 at 09:14 pm
The Horizon Fitness Adventure 5 Treadmill is the runners’ adventure machine just like the NordicTrack C 1650. It is designed for this purpose, to allow folks or running enthusiasts experience outstanding indoor running workouts. If you are particularly looking for a treadmill to enable you to run on it, then this unit could be perfect for you because of its tailored design.
It has also got a feature like the Passport Video Workout which allows you to connect the treadmill via wifi to your TV so that you can enjoy beautiful outdoor simulated workout experience even as you adjust the intensity of your walkout.
The frame of the Horizon Fitness Adventure 5 treadmill is made of steel tubing just like most other treadmills. It is also coated with a quality corrosion resistant paint that would prevent any type of rust to occur. For stability purposes, it is equipped with stabilizers and transportation wheels at the front base bars. Therefore, mobility is not a problem even as it also has transportation wheels at the rear end.
Its overall weight also improves its stability and sturdiness as it weighs about 188 pounds/82kg. The weight could be a problem in terms of mobility you might say, but no, because the multiple transport wheels it has actually taken care of that, except that you will require help during the time of receiving the shipment and assembly.
We also know that the treadmill is actually designed for runners and therefore might be bulky for those that have space issues in their apartment. This could be true but the unit is also foldable, which means you can fold it up for storage when you are not using it. The folded dimensions are 50’’ L x 34’’ W x 64’’ H. while it is 76’’ L x 34’’ W x 54’’ H when it is fully assembled and ready for use. However, for a safe and convenient, you will require additional clearance of at least 3 feet at the rear and 2 feet on both sides.
The manufacturer also made sure to take care of the joint stress that is always associated with most treadmills by integrating a three-zone Variable Response Cushioning system that provides the ideal amount of support and flex to the user. The deck has enough cushioning to absorb the impact that would have hit the joints when your foot lands on the deck. Basically, the necessary measures are in place to ensure a joint stress-free workout.
It has the ideal deck size for runners. The running surface has a heavy duty belt that is non-stretchable. The size of the running surface is about 60’’ L x 20’’ W which is good for runners because they will be able to run and exercise their full stride without restraint. Taller individuals of about 6’ to 6’5’’ can conveniently workout on this treadmill. The rollers are also industrial quality made with the rear having the size of 1.75’’/4.4 cm and the front is 2.25’’/5.7 cm. Its bearings are sealed which means they can last for a very long time.
The treadmill has a 2.5 CHP motor that can support long workout duration of full speed without encountering any sort of issue like overheating and breakdown. It is stable while in operation because of it small flywheel that is integrated to add stability and consistency during operation. It is also quiet during operation; however, there could be noise from the thumping of your feet while you workout.
It has the speed range of 0.5 mph to 12 mph, which means it has a 0.5 mph as the default speed and 12 mph as the highest speed. It has a 0.1 mph increment which also helps you to easily find the speed you are comfortable with during a workout.
The speed can be controlled via the console up/down speed keys on the right side of it and there is also quick speed control that allows you to quickly select a speed from 1 to 12 mph.
You are required to plug it into an outlet of 110-120V since it is a motorized treadmill. It is delivered with a power cord with 3 prong type plug U.S standard.
The incline is a very important part of a treadmill as it helps to elevate the intensity of a workout that could result in burning a lot of calories. The Horizon Fitness Adventure 5 Treadmill has an automatic incline system that can only work when it is plugged into a power source. The incline is made of a small motor and a lift that are responsible for elevating the front deck. This also works with preset programs; because when using the preset programs it automatically adjusts the incline. But when you are not using the preset program then you have to adjust the incline from the console.
The incline ranges from 0 to 12% and has got a 1% adjustable increment. You can gradually adjust the incline via the console, but it also has quick incline keys as well, which enables you to select any level of the incline you wish to use.
For safety purpose, you have to make sure that the room you are going to use the treadmill in is high enough considering the fact that you could adjust the incline up to 12% which means additional height to your height.
The Adventure treadmill has a 7.5’’ LCD display monitor with backlit that enables you to track your workout progress by displaying vital workout data such as the time, distance, speed, calories burned, incline, and heart rate. Interestingly, it has also got a track function that shows the distance covered as a race track. This enables you to count how many laps you have completed. There is also an option for you to set the speed and distance in an imperial or metric unit.
Worthy to mention that the console is not telemetry enabled which means you cannot use HR chest strap and have your heart rate read on the monitor and it does not also have a Bluetooth function as well. To be able to read or observe your heart rate on the monitor you have to hold onto the handlebars that have the heart rate sensors embedded on them otherwise you cannot see your heart rate data.
But the consolation is that the Horizon Fitness Adventure 5 Treadmill has about 35 workout programs that are geared to helping you achieve your fitness goals.
- For instance, it has the Manual mode that allows you to control the speed and the incline manually just like the name implies.
- It has got the calories category that enables you to select from 9 workouts that target 100 to 900 calories. You have to manually select the incline and speed for each calorie workout while the machine calculates a number of calories you will burn considering also the weight you supplied to the user profile.
- It has also got 10 distance workouts that include 1 mile, 2 miles, 5k, 5 miles, 10k, 8 miles, 15k, 10 miles, 20k, and ½ marathon goals.
- There is the step category that features step-based workouts of 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, and 10,000 steps.
- It has got the intervals category which is great for losing weight, improving stamina and endurance are included.
- Then, there the custom user profiles t allow you to create your own unique workout, save and even reuse them again. You will be able to create 2 distinct unique workouts with your preferred speed and incline.
Like earlier mentioned, the treadmill has got a Passport feature that allows you to connect the machine to your TV. This means you will be able to work out as you view a simulated outdoor terrain on the TV which is designed to motivate and help you to have enjoyable workout experience. However, you will need a Passport player that will enable you to connect the treadmill to your TV and this is not included unfortunately you will have to purchase separately.
Just like the Proform Pro 2000 Treadmill that has an iFit technology, the Horizon Fitness Adventure 5 Treadmill has ViaFit, a function that enables you to make a connection to various workout apps, laptop, tablet or any smartphone with wifi. It also enables you to save your workout data online or on any social media which is meant to help you keep an eye on your workout progress at all times so that you will remain focused in achieving your fitness goals.
There are several other extras on the console aside from the aforementioned. For instance, it has other entertainment features such as the speakers that would allow you to listen to some quality sound output. This is compatible with MP3 players or most smartphones. There are bottle holders on each side of the console which will help you to keep water handy and stay hydrated throughout the workout session. There is also a tablet holder available.
- 74’’ Length
- 34’’ Width
- 54’’ Height
- Tread belt: 60’’ L x 20’’ W
- Weighs about 188 pounds
- Supports 325 pounds maximum user weight
- Incline- 0% to 12%
- Motor- 2.5 CHP
- ViaFit connectivity
- Extras: Speakers, tablet holder, water bottle holders, etc
- Lifetime for Frame and Motor
- 3 Years for Parts
- 1 Year for Labor
- It has a durable and well-constructed frame that supports up to 325 pounds maximum user weight.
- It has 35 workout programs
- It has got a quality heavy-duty tread belt that does not stretch
- It gives you the ability to increase your speed by 0.1 mph thereby helping you to find the speed level that suits you best.
- It is wifi and ViaFit enabled
- It has a well-designed deck with cushioning system that can reduce the impact on the joints
- It has a folding mechanism/system that makes folding and unfolding of the machine hassle-free.
- It has Passport Virtual technology that makes workout a fun and motivating
- It operates smoothly and almost quietly too.
- It requires little maintenance
- It has got speakers, tablet holder, and water bottle holders.
- It has very impressive warranty
- Easy to assemble
- You have to grease the track periodically, therefore is a drawback even though we stated that it requires little maintenance above in the ‘’Pros’’ list.
- It is not telemetry enabled considering the price of the unit and moreover, the contact grips are not always 100% accurate with the data reading.
- It has no cooling fan
- No USB port available
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Out of stock
Price: $29.95Was: $44.95
Price: Out of stock
Shipping, Assembly, and Maintenance
The shipping cost for the Horizon Fitness Adventure 5 Treadmill depends on where you are buying the unit from. Usually, Amazon ships this product for free within few days.
Putting the treadmill together is relatively easy as it comes with most of the major components preassembled. You are only required to fix the console stands and the console which will not take up to an hour. Also, there is the detailed instruction manual that could walk you through the whole process of assembly. Tools needed are also included but may require your own tool as well in order to successfully assemble it.
As for maintenance, you are required to grease the track periodically and also make sure you dust and clean the unit as a whole at all time.
There are a whole lot of reasons why you should consider buying the Horizon Fitness Adventure 5 Treadmill even though it is true it has got it flaws which are adequately stated in the ‘’Con’’ list. Every user will certainly enjoy this unit especially folks that wish to run on it. The console is embellished with great features geared towards helping you achieve your fitness goals. The incline, 35 workout programs, 0-12 mph speed, Passport technology, VioFit and more cannot be ignored.
Finally, we also think that it has got a good warranty and Amazon customers have favorably reviewed this unit.