Last updated on June 24th, 2018 at 02:00 am
I reviewed the Nautilus R614 Recumbent Bike not long ago and I found it very interesting but the Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike would even be more interesting as it is the upgraded version of the former. Nautilus has got series of great interesting fitness equipment, not just in recumbent or upright bikes but can hold its own if not better in a wide range of fitness equipment.
Like I said earlier on, they have added a number of remarkable features in the Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike and that is what makes it the upgrade to R614. As a matter of fact, there are not many recumbent bikes of its price range that has got its quality and outstanding features. Like someone once said, finding a downside to the Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike is almost impossible! And it is not gainsaying to add that Nautilus has made its mark in the hall of fame of sports and fitness equipment arena.
Let’s have an overview of the features of the Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike so that we can better appreciate it.
- This unit has got 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity against 20 levels that is obtainable in the R614. This is one of the upgrades that took place to make the R616 more effective.
- It has a staggering 29 programs which include 12 profile, 9 heart rate controlled, 4 user profiles, 2 fitness test, 1 recovery test and Quickstart. These features are designed to make your workout a remarkable and motivational one.
- It has this DualTrack two blue backlit LCD window system that allows you to view your workout data even when the other window is covered with a device or magazine and it displays up to 13 workout details which include speed, time, distance, level, and revolutions per minute, heart rate, calories and more.
- It has got a media shelf for your device.
- Its Bluetooth LE connectivity allows you to connect to the Nautilus fitness app and NautilusConnect goal tracking and data export which keeps you informed about your workout progress and ultimately keeps you focused towards achieving your fitness goals.
- It has also got USB port for charging and data exchange to NautilusConnect and/or myfitnesspal.com. This port could be used for MP3 as well.
- Its seat is a back, vented, padded and contoured type that is designed to ensure a comfortable ride or workout.
- The seat is equally adjustable by virtue of its aluminum sliding rail system and solid locking that would allow you to get on the right suitable position for the workout.
- It has 25 levels of eddy current (magnetic) resistance that would present you with the opportunity of a wide range of intensive workouts that would eventually result in achieving your fitness goal much quicker.
- It is integrated with a high speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel that keeps the unit grounded and noiseless.
- To ensure that a solid platform is provided, two levelers and center support are integrated into the unit.
- For easy movement of the unit, transport wheels are provided and integrated.
- For added stability during a vigorous workout, oversized crossbar tubing is also integrated.
- It has Ergonomically placed grip heart rate for a comfortable riding position when using the heart rate program.
- It is also telemetry enabled which means a wireless chest strap heart rate monitor can be used with this unit.
- It has got acoustic chambered speakers for distinct, big and quality sound output. Time to be entertained during a workout.
- It has 3-speed fan designed to keep you cool through the entire workout session.
- Nautilus has hydration in mind and therefore included a water bottle holder that would allow you to keep water handy during your workout.
- It supports 300 pounds or 136 kg maximum user weight
Well, like I earlier pointed out that it is almost impossible to see anything wrong with the Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike. However, I think I was able to find one thing that would have been great if it was done differently and that is the none inclusion of the HR chest strap upon purchase even though it is enabled. Therefore, have in mind you have to purchase the HR chest strap separately if you wish to use one.
- 10 Years on frame
- 2 Years on the parts
- 1 Year on electronics
- And 90 days on labor
- 6’’ Height
- 3’’ Width
- 3’’ Length
- It weighs about 97 pounds
Shipping and Assembly
Usually, the shipping cost is determined by where you are purchasing the unit from. Should you be buying from the Amazon then be rest assured it is free except you would prefer a different arrangement aside from the Amazon standard shipping.
As for assembly, it is relatively easy to assemble because the unit comes with the main components pre-assembled and it is also accompanied by a detailed instruction manual that would walk you through the process of assembly.
After looking at the quality and the features of the Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike we have concluded that this bike is recommendable given its price as well. Having looked at the unit, you will notice that the console, the 29 workout programs, 25 eddy current resistance, and it well and sturdily built body is something you can hardly refuse.