Last updated on June 24th, 2018 at 12:38 am
Schwinn is an iconic American brand that has always got the history of evolution and innovation in the fitness industry. They have been placed in a higher category of companies that manufacture quality and innovative fitness equipment and having this honorable burden and responsibility they try to live up to their reputation by delivering good and quality product.
Having said that, the Schwinn MY16 130 Upright Bike is affordable and has also got the features that allow a user to accomplish fitness goals. It has got a very strong tubular frame that guarantees durability and a high speed, high inertia flywheel that provides stable, smooth and quiet riding experience. It has a range of features that allow a user to find comfort while working out such as the adjustable handlebars and well contoured padded seat that offer the opportunity of adjusting to a suitable and preferred cycling position.
Aside from ensuring comfort during cycling, Schwinn has also integrated into Schwinn MY16 130 Upright Bike features that would raise the metabolism, burn fat and improve endurance. Such feature is the 22 preset workout programs designed to do just that including 8 programs that are specifically for heart rate control that would allow you to train within your target heart rate zone at all times. This unit has you covered in terms of affordability and features that would offer you effective and enjoyable workouts.
- There are 20 levels of eddy current brake computer controlled resistance available that will provide a wide range of challenging workout options that would ultimately expedite achieving your fitness goals.
- It has adjustable handlebars for a comfortable riding position, which also make the accommodation of different sizes of users possible.
- It has adjustable, well contoured and padded seat for a comfortable workout (most individuals of different sizes will find it suitable).
- Wobbling during a workout is eliminated because of its oversized crossbar tubing for stability and two integrated levelers for solid workout platform.
- Ergonomically positioned grip heart rate makes it possible to ride in a relaxed position when utilizing a heart rate program.
- It has a sturdy frame and high speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel that provides a smooth, quiet and consistent workout experience.
- The DualTrackTM two LCD window system that offers increased visibility to workout progress data and goal tracking. Such workout data include speed, time, distance, level, revolution per minute, heart rate, calories, program, intensity, heart rate zone, goal, user, and achievement.
- 22 preset workout programs designed to offer an outstanding workout and fitness goal-oriented result which includes: 9 profiles (3 fun rides, 3 mountain rides and 3 challenges), 8 heart rate control, 2 custom user defined for the storage of workout data and personal information, 2 fitness test to measure your physical fitness progress and improvements, 1 quick start.
- A user will be able to download workout data via the USB connectivity to Schwinn ConnectTM and MyFitnessPal.
- Media shelf for your magazine or tablet
- There are speakers on the console with the MP3 input port and USB charging for your entertainment; which means you can listen to your favorite music while working out.
- Adjustable 3-speed fan to keep you cool throughout your workout.
- Water bottle holder for keeping water handy during a workout for hydration, very important.
- Transportation wheels for easy movement around the room and for storage.
It is almost impossible to find anything wrong with the Schwinn MY16 130 Upright Bike because of the price that is very affordable. However, there is one thing I wish to point out just in case is something that might be of interest to you.
- It is not telemetry enabled (does not have HR chest strap option); this means you can only use the hand grip heart rate monitoring system which most of the time is inaccurate and could even inconvenience the user during a workout because hands have to be always on the handlebars in order to get the heart rate data reading. Therefore, if this is a concern you may look up the Schwinn 170 Upright Bike that is telemetry enabled but you have to purchase the HR chest strap separately though.
- 10 Years for Frame
- 2 Years for Mechanical
- 1 Year for Electrical
- 90 Days for Labor
- 58’’ Height
- 22’’ Width
- 41’’ Length
- Supports about 300 pounds maximum user weight
- Weighs 59 pounds
Shipping and Assembly
The shipping cost of the Schwinn MY16 130 Upright Bike depends on where you are making your purchase. If you are purchasing from Amazon, then the shipping ought to be free but that may not be the case with other retailers.
The assembly of this unit is relatively easy because the major components are preassembled and it is also accompanied by a detailed instruction manual that would walk you through the process of assembly. Mainly, you will be required to fix the stabilizers and pedals, console, seat, post, and handlebars. It could take around an hour or so to get it all set up.
However, you may hire assembly expert that would do all that without you lifting a finger in your home if you so desire.
The Schwinn MY16 130 Upright Bike and the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike are similar units with almost the same features and functions except for one difference that has to do with the layout scheme of the console in order to make them (MY16 130 Upright Bike) more user-friendly. The Schwinn 130 Upright Bike is the older model 2013 while MY16 Upright Bike is 2016 model.
However, these models have received very good approval ratings from their consumers which show that they are both recommendable and now it is up to you to know exactly what you want.