Ok, Nordic Track T 6.5 S Treadmill is under our lenses this time. We wish to look at what makes this treadmill tick and also the downside. Ordinarily, by the mention of ‘’Nordic’’ one will presume it has to a great piece of equipment, but nevertheless, we shall look at it closely to enable you to make a decision, whether to buy or not.
If your eyes are already on Nordic Track T 6.5 S Treadmill, as a result, it is affordable or by any other reason, you may still look up other options such as the Sunny Health and Fitness Treadmill or Weslo Cadence G5.9 Treadmill. And no, we are not saying that Nordic Track T 6.5 Treadmill is not great but all we are saying is that you have options after all Nordic review has just begun.
Aside from the features and pros of any treadmill equipment the other factor that needs to be considered before making a purchase would be the cost. If the features/pros plus the cost is right for you, I guess a purchase will be made. So, without further waste of time let’s look at Nordic Track T 6.5 S Treadmill to help you make a wise purchase.
The cost is averagely affordable I would say, but the features will really help you achieve your goal. How do you mean? You might ask. Now, these are the things you must look out for when considering to buy a treadmill; they are the frame, motor, cushioning, tread belt and the warranty. If you are very critical about these things and eventually find them ok then chances are the equipment is good.
Nordic Track T 6.5 S Treadmill has a powerful motor with 2.6 HP with 25 years warranty. It is CHP model of a motor, which means it is the most durable and efficient type of motor. And by the way, the full meaning of ‘’CHP’’ is ‘’continuous duty rated horsepower’’. That is to say, the motor is a pass mark except runners wouldn’t find it very helpful as the motor can only go 10 MPH maximum.
Let’s look at the frame. Any treadmill was either made from aluminum or steel but this was made from steel which is also a better material than aluminum. It supports 300 pounds of weight. That is to say, the steel is a pass mark!
How about the Tread belt? This is fairly thick and ok in terms of durability. The dimension is 20’’ width by 55’’ long which is to say is also fairly good for runners because the 55’’ is the lowest or rather the shortest length recommended for runners.
Cushioning– Going by the rate at which the Nordic Track Treadmill is sold, the comfort they provide is considered to be great by the cushion system. Cushion system is such that provides the feeling of running on the outside pavement. As a matter of fact, it has on/off the system by which you can choose to turn it on so that the deck is so cushioned and while is turned off the deck will be stiff while running or walking on it. It is activated by manually turning it on or off beneath the deck of the equipment.
Overview of Features/Pros
- Heart Rate Monitor-It comes with cardio grip heart rate monitor that would help to keep you up to date on how your heart is doing during workout real-time. With this feature, you will be able to know if your targeted heart rate is met or not. As a matter of fact, it will help you to always stay and maintain your target heart rate zone at all times.
- iPod Player Port– This feature helps or allows you to play your favorite music while doing your thing by providing a port where you can plug in your device. I must say music and exercise go together because it makes to workout with rhythm which will keep you going and focused on your goal. This has two mini speakers too.
- Cup Holder– In order to keep yourself hydrated throughout your workout you need water and of course cup holder. Therefore, the manufacturers of Nordic Track T 6.5 S Treadmill have made it possible to make your water bottle handy.
- Digital Adjustable Incline– You can adjust the incline up to 10 percent digitally in order to target specific muscle groups and to add intensity.
- 20 Built-in Workouts– You will have access to up to 20 built-in workouts specially designed by a certified personal trainer. This will indeed help you to achieve your goals.
- Backlit Display Console– It has this beautiful backlit display that will guarantee that your progress is being monitored while you workout. This 5 inches backlit display console displays your heart rate, calories burned, distance, speed and time.
- Warranty– Upon purchase, there is a lifetime warranty on the frame, 25 years warranty on the motor, and 1-year parts and labor warranty.
What We Don’t Like about Nordic Track T 6.5 S Treadmill
As usual with everything, there are one or two downsides to this piece of equipment and that would be the speed and the noise which has to do with the motor. Yes, the motor is CHP model but the horsepower is about 2.6 which is not too good especially for runners. This can only get you to run 10 MPH. So if you are a runner this equipment may not just be an option.
The other con is the motor making noise at some point in time. Some users have actually complained about this which could also defeat the idea of using an iPod for listening to music.
I had to come back and update this last downside of Nordic Track T 6.5 S Treadmill. It actually has to do the with the Nordic Track administration rather. People have complained to us on one of our Facebook fan pages about how disappointing their customer service is. As a matter of fact, some even suggested that their technicians aren’t even efficient. So, I thought you should also know about this just in case.
As one would say, you get what you pay for. If you have gone through the review and think that you are ok with the three outlined cons then this equipment is for you otherwise you may have to look for something else that is better.
However, the majority of users gave thumbs up for this equipment which means it is a good stuff despite its cons. You may look up for further reviews by actual users on Amazon product page.