The Proform Performance 400i Treadmill is great for every level of training and for every individual that wishes to work out and lose weight or stay fit. This treadmill is tailored for those that would want to get their racing groove because it takes care of speed, interval, and endurance workouts. Proform has integrated also quality and durability into the Proform Performance 400i Treadmill and there is no doubt it will live up to every user’s expectations.
Due to the manufacturer’s trust in the reliability of the treadmill’s motor, they covered with 25 years warranty. Speed and intensity adjustments are easily done by a touch of a button and it speeds up to 10 mph and could go all the way to 10% incline. Let us see the overviews of the pros and cons.
- 25 CHP Mach Z Motor– is a powerful motor that can propel you into fitness zone and can speed up to 10 mph. Not only does it do all of that it is also smooth and quiet while in operation which is good for the home gym because you don’t have to worry about disturbing the family or the neighbors.
- Good Runway for walking, jogging and running with a durable 20 x 55 tread belt.
- proShox Cushioning that protects the ankles, hips, and knees from the workout impact that is sometimes associated with treadmills.
- Heart Rate Monitoring can be observed through the handlebar grip sensors or with a compatible chest strap heart rate monitor. The chest strap heart rate monitor is not included but you can buy a compatible one separately. With the heart rate monitoring, the user will be able to monitor and stay in the heart rate zone at all times.
- Integrated Tablet Holder allows the user to use the tablet to listen to music while working out and music is one source of motivation for most athletes.
- It has an iPod compatible sound system that allows the user to plug in into the console.
- It One Touch Controls allows the user to adjust the speed and incline in a jiffy by simply touching a button.
- 10 % incline is integrated for a challenging workout.
- The EasyLiftTM Assist telescoping shock allows the user to lift and fold the machine for storage or cleaning.
- It has round watts LED display that a user can use to see readouts that include; incline, heart rate, watts, speed, elapsed time, calories burned, distance and pace.
- It is iFit enabled that allows the user to get new workouts every day, replicate real-life runs with Google MapsTM and automatically track user’s progress. With this feature, a user can compete with friends and also set training to specific goals.
- 18 workout Apps.
- Dimensions: 73.25’’ L X 35.5’’ W X59.75’’ H
- Runway Dimensions: 20’’ X 55’’
- Product weight: 200 pounds
- Supports 115 kg user weight
- Warranty: Lifetime for frame, 25 years for motor, 1 year for parts and labor
- Space Saver– With the innovative EasyLiftTM a user can easily lift and fold up the Proform Performance 400i Treadmill for storage.
- This machine helps those that wish to run to do so conveniently with the integrated heavy duty 2.5 CHP Mach Z motor.
- It also helps those that wish to lose weight and stay fit to realize their goals quickly because of it 10% incline.
- A user can be entertained while working out with the help of the iPod compatible sound system.
Some users have complained about experiencing difficulty in using the iFit to connect to the program. This problem was also verified by Proform and the app for Android and IOS users are yet to be developed. We cannot verify if this problem has solved or not as at the time of writing this post.
Shipping and Assembly
As for assembly, it has got bits of screws and bolts that need to be fixed. Although, the equipment is accompanied with some tools that would the user assemble it. It will take like an hour or more to fix.
From our observations, the ProForm Performance 400i Treadmill is surely well designed and durable equipment. Although it has its flaws as with the iFit issue, if that is not really a problem to you, you can go ahead I purchase one because it is recommendable indeed.