Last updated on October 2nd, 2017 at 09:23 pm
Cycling is indeed one of the best cardiovascular workouts that improve physical health tremendously. The importance of exercise generally cannot be overemphasized and that is why we at the HTBTB try to cover the most area that has to do with improving physical fitness. You either engage in exercise directly by working out at the gym where different types of equipment are available to help you achieve your fitness goals or indirectly when you go about your errands by riding a bicycle instead of driving a vehicle.
This is a life style that should be inculcated into our lives because the world has become so sophisticated that there are machines that virtually do everything for us leaving us lazy and unhealthy and we think that is the best way to live. Let’s take a case study of someone that works and sits behind a desk all day and meanwhile he drives or boards a vehicle to work and goes back home the same way. On the day he is not going to work he will probably be engaged in some other social activities that might take all the time he should have gone to the gym working out.
The point is that outdoor cycling could be another smart way to improve your physical fitness hence the review of the Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike. Moreover, there is also the advantage of inhaling fresh air and exposing the skin to sunlight which helps to reduce the stress hormone levels that prevent quality sleep.
Features/Pros of Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike
- The Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike is a durable and reliable bike that is built by a reputable and popular fitness equipment manufacturing company. The frame is made up of an aluminum city that would last longer.
- This unit has a design for casual cycling and commuting purposes.
- The bike is practically affordable and looking at the features and the quality it all makes sense.
- It has got 21 speeds with a Shimano twists shifters and a Shimano rear derailleur.
- It is equipped with Schwinn alloy crank, alloy front, and rear linear pull brakes.
- It has a well-cushioned seat that offers comfort when riding on it.
- It has swept-back handlebar with an adjustable stem for upright position
- It has got fenders to prevent mud and sand; it also has rear gear carrier
- It has a Schwinn suspension fork that increases bike response operation.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $303.94Was: $329.99
- There are necessary accessories that do not come with the Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike which you have to purchase separately. Such items are;
- LED Headlight
- Basket for bicycle
- Bicycle helmet
- Bicycle Bell
- Child carrier
- Bike Pump
- It is not suitable for short folks of about 5’4’’ and less; there are so many complaints about it being too long for their liking.
- If you intend to use this bike mostly off roads then you might consider changing the tire to something that is more rugged. This unit is for leisure and traffic ride, not a mountain bike.
- 89’’ Length
- 48’’ Width
- 94’’ Height
- Weighs about 46 pounds
- The brake type is rim brakes
- Read warranty here
Shipping and Assembly
Shipping cost of the Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike basically depends on where you are purchasing it from; however, Amazon ships this unit free without any extra cost.
As for assembly, it is relatively easy to assemble especially if you are good at doing this sort of thing or have someone to assist you. Nevertheless, in order to avoid making mistakes, you could take it to a bicycle shop for it to assembled for you or opt for the special expert assembly offer on Amazon for in house assembly. It requires 3mm Allen Wrench for assembly which is not also included in the shipment.
Buy it if you are not short, buy it if you are looking for something that could help you commute or run an errand on the road, and buy it because it is affordable and would offer a special kind of experience. If you don’t mind the drawbacks mentioned above then this is surely your choice bike.
If you are not still sure about the quality and features of this bike, please do look up the reviews that were written by actual users here on Amazon (make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the page in order to see the reviews). Most users are satisfied with this hybrid bike and would recommend it they say.