Last updated on June 24th, 2018 at 02:21 am
Do you desire to experience a real outdoor circling bike right in your apartment? Then the Schwinn IC2 Indoor bike might just be IT. The Schwinn IC2 Bike was designed to simulate the real outdoor circling bike even as it helps the user get the physical fitness desired.
Schwinn has been known with the reputation of manufacturing a good and quality indoor circling bike such that can provide the real feeling of biking. It has got a 31 pounds flywheel with high inertia direct drive gearing that would ensure stability and resistance that would help a user burn more calories.
Let’s have a peek at the overall features and pros.
- The Schwinn IC2 Bike has oversized, corrosion-resistant steel tubing that guarantees safety and sturdiness during a workout.
- Its handlebars can be adjusted to multiple different positions a user sees fit for a convenient workout.
- It is integrated with a water bottle or MP3 holder to help keep a user hydrated at all times or entertained.
- It has an aft/fore seat adjustment that would ensure that most users would find it suitable for a workout as it can accommodate 4 ft 9’’ to 6 ft 5’’ users.
- It wool felt pad is capable of providing resistance and a smooth ride.
- It has simple to use LCD computer that displays the workout data such as time, distance, RPM, speed, and calories.
- It has a heavy flywheel that weighs about 31 pounds; this ensures smooth and steady ride.
- There are transport wheels meant to help the user move the unit around easily.
- It has got rear stabilizers/frame levelers that ensure stability.
What is not so great about the Schwinn IC2 BIKE?
- A user is advised to purchase a gel seat cover as the seat can be very uncomfortable.
- It does not have any sort of heart rate monitor, be it wireless or a grip monitor.
- The resistance system may have less lifespan since it is using felt brake pads against magnetic resistance.
- The LCD display is not a backlit type
- 45’’ Length
- 23’’ Width
- 49’’ Height
- It weighs about 83 pounds
- Supports 250 pounds maximum user weight
- 5 Years on frame
- 1 Year on parts and electronics
- 90 Days on wear parts
Shipping and Assembly
The shipping cost depends on where you are buying from; should you be buying from Amazon (recommended) the shipping is usually free of charge.
As for the assembly, it is relatively easy to assemble as it comes with the major components pre-assembled. Therefore, there are fewer parts you are required to attach to the frame and you will be done. Moreover, it comes with an instruction manual that could walk you through the assembly without stress.
The Schwinn Fitness offers groundbreaking and affordable cardio solutions that integrate with the latest apps and technology. They have been the vanguard of cycling for over 100 years and still manufacturing innovative cycling bikes that would offer simulated real circling experience to users.
The Schwinn IC2 Bike is a good buy at $300 and it offers some good health benefits even though there are other spin bikes that could offer more but we are looking at the price range. If you wish to look up another indoor upright bike that is pricier then check out the Diamondback 510lc indoor bike that has built-in workouts, backlit LCD display, and 31 pounds flywheel.